The Elves of Middle-earth's forests have come forth to answer the call to arms against Sauron. With their knowledge of the woods and legendary skills in weaponry, this faction has the highest advantages with stealth, archer upgrades, and natural self-healing.
The Elven faction was added in The Battle for Middle-earth II. In the prequel, Elven characters only appear in the campaigns.
- Arwen, daughter of Lord Elrond and lover of Aragorn
- Elrond, Lord of Rivendell and keeper of the ring Vilya
- Thranduil, Elven-king of Mirkwood
- Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood, son of Thranduil and member of the Fellowship of the Ring
- Haldir, defender of Lothlorien
- Glorfindel, defender of Rivendell
- Galadriel, Queen of Lothlorien who can only be summoned if the One Ring is obtained. She is available to the factions of Elves, Men of the West, and Dwarves.
- Builder (Elf)
- Rivendell Lancers
- Mithlond Sentries
- Lorien Warriors
- Lorien Archers
- Mirkwood Archers
- Noldor Warriors (Rise of the Witch-king only)
- Lindon Archers (Rise of the Witch-king only)