Angmar is a fourth evil faction, available only in The Rise of the Witch-king. Their units consist of lesser trolls, evil Men, Orcs from Gundabad, and Wolves.
This faction is of the diverse armies of the Witch-king of Angmar, and of his conquests as laid out in the Angmar Campaign. In Middle-earth lore, this faction is therefore older than Isengard and Mordor. The many upgrades of this faction are almost all oriented around magic and ice, since the Witch-king, its lord, dealt in sorcery, and his domain of Angmar has always been a land of snow.
- Witch-king - In this faction, the "Dread Lord" rides a horse, yet wears the same iron helm as later when back in Mordor
- Rogash, Troll of the North
- Morgomir - The Witch-king's second
- Karsh - the Whispering Wraith
- Hwaldar - a Rhudaur hill-chief disloyal to Arnor
- Hall of the King's Men
- Troll and Wolf Den
- Temple of Twilight
- Dark Iron Forge
- Battle Tower
- Wall Hub
- Thrall Master (Summons any one of the warriors listed below)
- Sorcerers, who travel with a band of Acolytes